Thursday, May 19, 2011

Reborn...



"Every second chance begins with a first step." ~~~ Unknown

5.20.01...

...the day that I started my journey... although I didn't know it at the time. It's funny how one decision can change your life in unimaginable ways. I was sick and tired of the burden that my life had become and was desperate enough to try something new...to take  a step in a new direction...to shed the baggage that had been suffocating me.

As I have shared before, up until this point, I would have rather done just about anything other than make a change, but sometimes it's more painful to stay than to go and you become willing to try something different...to venture off the familiar path into the unknown...to step away from what you've always done.

5.19.01 was the day that I reached that point...and so, I took a chance and took the first step into the unknown. 
I have never regretted that decision.

Tomorrow, it will be ten years since I took that first tentative step. The last ten years have been...a ride unlike any I could have ever imagined. I am so very grateful to all the people who have guided and supported me along the way...I could never have made it to this day without you.

To all of my fellow travelers....THANK YOU!

5.20.11


4 comments: