Sunday, September 12, 2010

Let go...


We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the life that is waiting for us.
-- Joseph Campbell


"Letting Go" seems to be on everyone's mind lately. I have had several conversations over the last few days in which this topic has come up. I don't believe in coincidences. I don't need to know why...I just need to pay attention.

Once upon a time, I had some issues with control. I thought that having control of a situation meant that I would save myself from getting hurt. If I had all my bases covered, I would be prepared for anything. What I learned was that control is a myth and there are no guarantees in life. Change is inevitable; nothing stays the same.

I was tremendously afraid of change...I don't like surprises.

Now I know that there is very little in my life that I can control. In fact, by letting go, even just the littlest bit, I open myself up to all sorts of possibilities. I have no idea what the future holds...but I do know that I need to get out of the way and let life happen. I have faith that, no matter what happens, I will be taken care of. I need to show up for my life now...not obsess about the past or worry about the future. Those behaviors are simply a waste of precious time.

If you had asked me a decade ago to describe what my life would look like today, you can bet that I would not have dreamed that it could be this good! Like most people, I have had my share of challenges, but even so, my life is better than I could have imagined. Now I choose to look for the miracles.

Embrace your life and all the gifts in it...just don't hold on too tight.
Give your life a little room to breathe...see what surprises are waiting for you!

"Live your life with arms wide open..." ~~~Unwritten (Natasha Bedingfield)

No comments:

Post a Comment