Saturday, September 25, 2010

Inspiration....




The fall season officially started this week. Although I love each season for different reasons (well, I don't really love winter, but...), if I had to pick just one, fall would probably be it. The weather is a bit cooler and I get to pull out all my favorite, cuddly sweaters and boots. I grew up in New England where the fall foliage is second to none. The trees explode with color and I used to love to jump in my car, drive up the Merritt Turnpike and soak in all those rich, succulent colors. I miss that...

Fall also means that I get to spend more time in the kitchen. I follow a few fantastic food blogs and find inspiration in the recipes and beautiful pictures that they share. I am looking forward to taking advantage of the last few weeks of the farmer's markets and making soups and baked goods to share with my friends. And, yes...it's almost lasagna weather, guys!

I am fortunate to have so many fabulous people in my life! Supportive, kind, loving people...all on their own path, each with their own special gifts to contribute. I have some amazing and talented people in my circle of friends.

I think that inspiration is contagious. When you do something you love, it shows and that is an attractive quality.

I have a dear friend whose home is a perfect reflection of who she is...it's warm, inviting, comfortable, and full of items and souvenirs that have special meaning for her. You just feel good when you're there. It's like a little cocoon...delicious! After spending the evening there recently, I came home and had the strong desire to re-arrange my apartment. I wanted to recreate that feeling in my home. Inspiration works like that sometimes. It makes you reevaluate your life and strive for something better.

Where do you find inspiration?
I'd love to hear what you have to say....you never know who you might inspire by sharing your gifts with the rest of us!



2 comments:

  1. Well, for one you do! As you already know I started blogging again, thanks mostly to your inspiration! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!
    you are most welcome my friend!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete