Sunday, February 17, 2013

L.O.V.E.



“There is force in the universe, which, if we permit it, will flow through us and produce miraculous results.”
― Mahatma Gandhi



This week was all about LOVE!
I'm learning to focus on all the opportunities to live, experience and most importantly, choose love in my daily life.
What I'm starting to understand is that it is all about the love...at least for me.

I have spent far too much of my life choosing to focus on fear in all its many manifestations. I lived a life full of fear for years and the funniest part was that I was completely unaware of it! I was SO deep in denial and rooted in survival mode that I had no idea that I had built up a massive wall to hide behind. I prided myself on being a no nonsense, "don't mess with me" kinda girl...imagine my surprise when I learned years later that that tough exterior was merely a mask I used to protect myself! The ironic part was that in reality, I wasn't protecting myself at all, I was merely hiding from my life.

In hindsight, I can see that there was a whole lotta fear and not much love in the way I used to live...
It was a dark and lonely place to be.
I don't visit that old place much anymore, but recently, I found that I had returned and gotten myself stuck there for a bit.
It was just as miserable as I remembered...

Thank God I was able to shift gears and make another choice:
I chose love instead.

I am so fortunate to have people in my life who are on a similar path...these folks "get" me and I am grateful that I have these ladies who I can call when I need a big, fat reality check!

Sometimes I can get stuck in a rut...just deep enough that it's hard to see over the edge to get myself out. At times like that, it seems like that place is all there is...until I remind myself that there's a great big, beautiful world outside this nasty rut.
I just need a little help to pull myself over the edge.

That's where love comes in...

And love is where the miracles happen.


Lovin' my life today!
Hope you are too...
xo



When all your desires are distilled;
You will cast just two votes:
To love more,
And be happy.
—Rumi 



No comments:

Post a Comment