Friday, January 14, 2011

Oh, the possibilities....






We can't plan life. All we can do is be available for it. 

- Lauryn Hill


I am continually amazed by how, when I stop trying to orchestrate the events in my life, the most amazing things happen!
In the past week, I have made a conscious effort to simply remain open to possibility...in my life, in my work, in my everyday encounters.
I have stepped outside of my comfort zone in conversations with new people and have tried to engage with people on a more personal level. Something as simple as saying hello to the person standing in line ahead of me at my favorite local coffee spot can lead to the most remarkable conversations....
What I have learned is that I can sometimes become so focused on the next task on my mental to-do list that I miss the opportunity to connect with the people around me. The events of this week, while not earth-shattering, have helped me to reflect on the ways in which I have been un-available for my life. I cannot focus on "what might have happened if...?", but I can let this serve as a reminder, once again, to be present.

Give it a try:
suit up, show up, and live your life consciously.

You never know what might happen...





1 comment: