Sunday, April 7, 2013

Here comes the sun.....





“You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That's the only thing you should be trying to control.” 


Well, I am thrilled to report that the insanity of last week's post is behind me!
The beauty is that very little changed regarding the situation that was consuming me...what DID change was my perspective. I was finally willing to see things differently: being happy became more important than being right. 

Pain has a way of doing that sometimes...at least for me. As much as I wish I could find the motivation for change under more gentle circumstances, history has shown that pain is my greatest motivator. 
Fortunately, my threshold for pain has become significantly lower over the years. I am (generally) able to find the willingness to make the necessary changes to extricate myself from an uncomfortable situation in much less time than it once took.

These days, I have a wide variety of tools at my disposal.
I have been listening to several Mariannne Williamson lectures on my iPod this week. I chose to saturate myself with the wisdom contained in the recordings:

* I choose to see peace instead of this. 
* There is no order of difficulty in miracles.
* A healed mind doesn't plan.
* I am not my drama.

I am so grateful for the resources available to me. I am fortunate to have several trusted friends who are traveling a similar path to my own. They are my "go-to" ladies. They "get" me...and I was able to work my way through the "ick" with their love & support.

I am a lucky girl, indeed!

Peace & Love,
xox








No comments:

Post a Comment