Monday, April 22, 2013

Turning a corner.....






 “Weak minds lead to weak actions. A strong, disciplined mind, which anyone can cultivate though daily practice, can achieve miracles. If you want to live life to the fullest, care for your thoughts as you would your most prized possessions. Work hard to remove all inner turbulence. The rewards will be abundant.” 
~ Robin Sharma

So, I am thrilled to report that I have experienced a Miracle!
According to ACIM, a Miracle is a shift in perception.

That's exactly what I got!

The shift started subtly after my last post. Perhaps writing the post was the catalyst necessary to shift the focus of my attention...from "fighting the current" and pushing against the natural flow of the metaphorical river of my life, to turning to face the opposite direction. I started to ride the current of the river, to go with the flow...AKA acceptance.
For me, acceptance and gratitude are the magic formula for a contented life.

I often forget that and frequently need to be re-minded of that fact.
Unfortunately, pain is still my greatest motivator.
I wish that wasn't so, but at least my threshold for pain is getting lower. 

A dear friend has been staying with me for the past week and I'm quite sure that her incredibly positive energy has been a major contributing factor! 
For that I am forever grateful.

She is about to embark upon a MAJOR life change...tomorrow.
She is leaving the country to travel the world. She is also starting a blog tomorrow to document her experiences...

Please join me in following her blog, ananda423.
SO excited to live vicariously through her on the journey...

She has been truly inspirational and I have had the privilege to observe the process that has led her to this point.

It amazes me how one moment can create a shift which can ultimately change the course of your life!
For me, this contains a tremendous amount of hope....and possibility.

You never know what's around the next corner..and the next and the next.

The possibilities are endless......
keep moving in the direction of your heart.

Peace and love
xox




1 comment: