Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tick tock......





The universe doesn’t work on your time, but it does work on your behalf.
- Spirit Junkie

I am of the believe that the lessons I need to learn continue to present themselves (in various forms) until I am ready/willing/capable of learning them. While willingness may be a critical component of long term change, sometimes no matter how willing I am, the lesson just doesn't get through my thick skull! I'm a smart cookie, so this tends to be incredibly frustrating.

In times like these, I pray for the remedial version of whatever lesson is present in my life....just give me the Big, Clear, Picture. No symbolism, no metaphor..just give it to me in BOLD PRINT.

So today, I got a beautiful message in the form of a quote from one of my FAVORITE spiritual teachers: Gabrielle Bernstein. You may remember that I raved about her latest book, May Cause Miracles, earlier this year. As it happens, I just started doing the 40 day challenge again this week with my spiritual partner in crime, E. Today marks Day 3 and today's affirmation states: Love did not create this.

Now, I don't believe in coincidences, so I was especially struck by the quote...and the timing of it appearing on my radar.

The way I see it, this is a gentle reminder from my HP/Divine Spirit/the Universe that everything is working according to plan, even if it's not on my schedule!
If I stop and take a moment, I realize that there have been loads of times when I couldn't see the Big Picture, but things were going along in exactly the way they were meant to go....it was easy to see the  pattern in hindsight, but in the moment, none of it made sense.

Bottom line: I am and have ALWAYS been taken care of. The Universe has my back. Any interference from me (i.e. me trying to "take control"...ha, ha, ha!) just puts a monkey wrench in the situation! I need to stop going against the current. I need to trust that everything will work out exactly the way it's supposed to....and get out of the way!

My job is to do the footwork; I am not in charge of anything.
My job is to choose love...always!
And when I am in fear, choose again.













No comments:

Post a Comment