Thursday, June 13, 2013

Choose wisely





“I can choose either to be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It's all a question of how I view my life.” 
~~~ Paulo Coelho


2013 has been an interesting year so far.
Lots of changes....lots of growth....some endings and some new beginnings.
Life's funny like that.

I finally feel like I'm coming to the end of the transitionary period and settling into the latest "new" phase of my life.
...and, today at least, it feels REALLY good!

I've said it before, but it bears repeating.
I don't know about you but, my memory is fickle and I need periodic (frequent) reminders of lessons learned. Sometimes learning them involved painful experiences that I would just as soon avoid repeating. 

Back to business....
So one of the invaluable lessons that I have learned is that how I view and experience my life is up to ME!

*I can CHOOSE to view any situation as an obstacle or an opportunity.
*I can CHOOSE to be let life happen to me or I can participate in my own life.
*I can CHOOSE to focus on the bad stuff or I can CHOOSE to look for the good stuff...and there is ALWAYS good stuff!
*I can CHOOSE to focus on what I don't have or I can be grateful for what I do.
*I can CHOOSE to be a victim or I can CHOOSE to take responsibility for my own life.

So today, I CHOOSE to view my life and my experience as the amazing, incredible gift that it is.

I wish the same for you....
xo












No comments:

Post a Comment