Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Ready or not

“Once your mindset changes, everything on the outside will change along with it.” 


It occurred to me today that we are midway through 2013.

To say that this year has been "interesting" would be an understatement...a lot has happened in the last 6 1/2 months. 

I've travelled to Puerto Rico and Italy (solo!), closed the chapter on some areas of my life while exploring some new ones, did a whole lotta interior work (an ongoing process!), and learned some things about myself. 

Among other things, I have had the opportunity to practice setting boundaries...something that I have not been very comfortable doing in the past.
I'm starting to become more clear about what is and is not acceptable or, for that matter welcome in my life. I'm refining the picture of what my ideal life looks like.
That's not to say that I am under the delusion that I can control the events of my life....far from it! I am just beginning to really understand the concept of visualizing what I want in my life.

As I have shared several times here, I used to be a cynical, pessimist girl. Not surprisingly, it didn't take much for me to spot the worst in any situation.
Needless to say, instead of serving as a defense mechanism,having that attitude simply attracted more of the same. It was a never ending chorus of, " See? I told you so!"

That got old real fast! But I didn't know any other way....

Fast forward a few years...I was introduced to the work of Wayne Dyer, which in turn led me to Marianne Williamson...and my life changed. I devoured the books as quickly as I could get my hands on them and it was like a domino effect. One teacher led me to another and so on and so on.....
My spiritual journey had begun.

The parameters of my life have shifted since then.
I have actually been described as a positive person who has a calming effect on others....that one still takes a bit of getting used to! :-)
But the reality is, most days, I AM positive....if for no other reason than it feels better! 

The shift occurred by simply learning to make new choices for my life and the way I viewed it.
"I can choose peace rather than this," from A Course in Miracles, was my mantra for the better part of a year. At first, I just repeated the words over and over at work, but slowly, I began to believe them! I could choose to look through peaceful, loving eyes rather than bitter, angry ones. The choice was MINE!

Since then, I have become a bit of a pleasure junkie. I crave a life that makes me happy and experiences that make me feel good. I find pleasure in food, music, spending time with people I love, practicing yoga, meditating, visiting museums, spending time in nature.....the list goes on and on.

I am getting reacquainted with this part of myself...I lost her there for a minute.
But she's back!

Maybe I needed to acquire a new sense of appreciation for how my life has evolved...
I believe I have that now and I am very grateful for it!

So, Universe....what do have in store for me??

Bring it!!
I'm ready!!

Peace & love,
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment