Saturday, December 15, 2012

Let go...











Fear exists in the absence of love. I have learned that I have a choice today: I can have faith in the power of love or I can choose to remain in the chaos of fear. 
The world is a scary place...things are happening that just make NO SENSE. It would be easy (& understandable) to hide behind a wall of fear...there's an element of safety, in some twisted way. I lived like that for years, unaware that it was a survival tool that I picked up along the way...I was merely trying to protect myself in the best way I knew how. I remember my mom telling me that I had a "hard" demeanor...at the time, I was damn proud of my "don't mess with me" attitude. I had no idea then that behind that mask was a scared girl. It served me well...until it stopped working.
I had to find another way.
Over the last 10+ years, I have been on a journey to find another way & what I found was love, in all its forms: compassion, forgiveness, joy, acceptance, gratitude, peace...
It's a choice that I must make every day...sometimes several times a day. It's not always easy.
What I have learned, though, is that the more I choose love, the easier it gets, the better I feel, and the more love I see 
manifested in my life.

I needed to be reminded to let go of fear...and to choose love today.

I hope you'll do the same.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment