Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas!



“My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?”
― Bob Hope

`The last few weeks have been quite full....lots of holiday festivities, visiting friends, exchanging gifts, observing holiday traditions. This morning, I have been reflecting on how rich and delicious my life is...I am truly blessed to have some amazing people in my life, and while I don't take that for granted, sometimes it's good for me to take a moment to acknowledge that out loud.

Often, because of the business that I'm in, the holidays pass by in a blur...I often feel like I don't come up for air until Christmas Eve and them I'm so exhausted from the weeks leading up to it, that all I want to do is lay on the couch in my pajamas. This year, I made a decision to savor this holiday and the people in my life. I made a decision to be present. I even put up my first tree! 

The tragic shooting of last week was a timely reminder that the future holds no guarantees...it's important for me to remember to not waste a single moment, putting something off until tomorrow.
This Christmas, I am not being stingy with my feelings...I am fully immersing myself in gratitude, appreciation, and love. I want to share that with the people in my life who mean the most to me as well as new friends and people who cross my path every day. I am making a conscious effort to silently bless everyone I pass on the street...just trying to spread a little extra love in a world that so desperately needs all it can get!

I love the quote from Bob Hope that opens today's post...

"...why DO we have to wait for Christmas..." to be the best versions of ourselves that we can be?

I don't want to wait....do you?

Wishing you peace, joy, and all the love your heart can hold this holiday season!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment