Saturday, December 8, 2012

Perspective



It's been over a year since my last post...lots of changes in that time. It's been quite a ride....and it's not over quite yet. I have made decisions that were not always easy and am now starting a new phase of my life on my own.
Some of the changes are relatively new and take some getting used to...it will take some time to adjust. Change is stressful and scary and can be full of uncertainty....but it can also be exciting, as there are no limits to what's possible. I can stay or I can go as I wish. I can try new things or I can revisit interests that I put aside.
I felt compelled to start writing again, as a way of gaining some clarity around the various thoughts swirling around my head of late. I find serenity and clarity on my yoga mat, but I can't stay on my mat all day, right? So I need another outlet to work through this stage of transition...

I am so very grateful for the network of support that I have and the graciousness of the friends who have listened to me as I process the emotions that are part of this journey. It's been interesting to see the similarities as I share my story with others....I take comfort in knowing that I am not alone on my journey. In fact, I joked to a friend recently that, one day, we would look back on this challenging time and have a good laugh...just not today!

I look forward to that day, but in the meantime, I will embrace the process...and enjoy the ride. The view isn't half bad from here...

2 comments:

  1. That's my Chi-Girl ;)
    Miss Youuuuuuuu !
    Keep going: the best is on your way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci bien, chere!
    Bisous, bisous! xox

    ReplyDelete