Sunday, January 20, 2013

The gift



“Living well is an art that can be developed: a love of life and ability to take great pleasure from small offerings and assurance that the world owes you nothing and that every gift is exactly that, a gift. ”
― Maya Angelou


So I am thrilled to report that I have experienced a shift. I feel like I am shedding the remnants of my old life... I feel reborn.

I am learning to practice the art of self love and to value the woman that I am becoming.  (I have come to believe that it truly is an art form...and one that can be learned at any time...never too late for that!)
  
I am dwelling in a state of gratitude most days....I am so thankful for where I am in my life right now. 

I am savoring relationships with the amazing women in my life...I am so fortunate to have incredible friendships with some pretty kick ass ladies! They inspire me, support me, and continually show me what real love looks like.

I am grateful that I can speak my truth with people I can trust...even when I don't have the vocabulary to accurately express my feelings. They let me find my way in a safe, nurturing, and loving environment.

I am grateful to be able to surround myself with people who value honesty, respect, and integrity. Not always qualities that are easy to come by these days!

I am grateful that an old friend reminded me to keep my heart open, even if..and especially when...it seemed easier to shut down and rebuild "the wall".
And I'm grateful that he loved me enough to say it...and that I trusted him enough to hear it.

Most of all, I'm grateful that I know that every experience, painful or joyful, is part of my journey. Each is absolutely necessary to move forward along the path of my life...

I have no idea what the future holds...and I'm OK with that today.

Sometimes the best gifts are the ones you weren't expecting....    

No comments:

Post a Comment