Sunday, January 27, 2013

Shift







“Where there is great love, there are always miracles.” 



I am at the end of Week 2 in May Cause Miracles. The focus this week was on self perception. It was enlightening to see how fear creeps into the way I view myself in so many different ways...it's insidious! 

As I mentioned in my last post, I was forced to stay home from work due to a back injury. It was amazing to witness how fear snuck into my consciousness....I went from being frustrated that I was in the situation to being convinced that I was going to grow old and die alone....really!

Sounds crazy, huh?

That's how fear manifested for me this week. The old tapes started up and I felt myself get pulled into the pit of my old fears...
I won't lend any power to these thoughts by sharing them here, but suffice it to say that I had a glimpse of what my future was gonna look like and it was dark & lonely.

But wait....here's the good part!

I prayed for a miracle...to be released from the insanity of my fear based thinking.
I did the exercises in the book.
I devoted time to my meditation and envisioned myself being comforted and loved.

And then....I felt a shift!

Yesterday's affirmation was:
I forgive myself for having this thought.
I choose love instead.

Great reminder for me:

I ALWAYS have the option to choose love instead of whatever crazy, fear-laden, scary thought my ego throws at me.

I can ALWAYS choose love.

Let the miracles begin....



No comments:

Post a Comment